Un-Reconstructed is a five-piece string band that specializes in performing and arranging music from the War Between the States as well as Irish, Scottish, and other nineteenth century traditional music. Since their inception in the early 1990’s, they have appeared throughout the eastern United States at many different venues. Their music has appeared in various movies, documentaries, National Park promotional videos, and educational compilation projects. Un-Reconstructed was the recipient of an Emmy from the National Academy of Arts and Science in 2008.
Un-Reconstructed has produced seven CD’s. Their music has circulated the globe and can be found in shops and music stores in Great Britain, France, Belgium, Soviet Union, among other far off places, as well as in our country’s National Park gift shops. Un-Reconstructed is based out of Jacksonville and Gadsden, AL. Find us on I-Tunes, CD-Baby, and Spotify.
Un-Reconstructed has played for a variety of venues, including the following:
- Woodmont Presidential Hunting Lodge, Hancock, MD
- Lincoln Log Cabin State Historic Site, Lerna, IL
- Burial ceremonies for the recovered crew of the CSS Alabama, Mobile, AL
- Burial ceremonies for the crew of the first submarine The Hunley, Charleston, SC
- Birthday Celebration and Grand Ball in honor of Jefferson Davis, State Capitol, Montgomery, AL
- Concert at Marion Square, Charleston, SC
- Concert at Ft. Moultrie, Mobile, AL
- Concert at Ft. Worth, TX
- Governor’s Mansion, Seaford, DE
- Washington and Lee University, Lexington, VA
- Concert Series at the Falany Performing Arts Center, Rhinehard College, Waleska, GA
Un-Reconstructed has performed for numerous historical celebrations, educational programs, dedication services, Civil War re-enactments, concerts, grand balls, schools, weddings, pubs, and other events.
- WDXB-Atlanta Radio “Group of the Year 2007-2010”
- WDXB-Atlanta Radio “Vintage Album” 2007-2010”
- Emmy nomination by the National Academy of Arts and Science – May, 2008
- Emmy awarded by the National Academy of Arts and Science for Musical Composition and Arrangement for a Film or Documentary – June 2008
- Composed and performed music for the historical documentary The Last Ditch, produced by Richard Lifshey.
- Musical contributions to Georgia, Alabama, and Mississippi Public Television
- “Band of the Year” awarded by Allied Europe-Great Britain – 2005
Members of the band:
David Edwards – lead singer, guitar, harmonica, penny whistle
Susie Stephenson – lap dulcimer, hammered dulcimer, bodhron, percussion, back-up vocals
Chris Dempsey – fiddle, viola, cello, mandolin, back-up vocals
Heather Dempsey – tambourine, lead vocals, back-up vocals
Jacob Moody – upright bass, guitar, mandolin, “clackity-clack”
Doug Jennings – banjo, guitar, mandolin, bones, back-up vocals
Nolan Hawthorne – banjo, guitar, mandolin, upright bass
Un-Reconstructed has seven different CD recordings. For booking information or further information on sales, please call 256-435-6055 / 256-454-0092, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
* With Winston Groom, author of Forrest Gump
at Woodmont Gun and Rod Club, Hancock, MD.